The coronavirus crisis has been an economic disaster for most of America, as 42.6 million filed for unemployment benefits in the past 11 weeks.
- American billionaires are now nearly 20% richer — by $565 billion, to be exact — than they were at the start of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report by the Institute for Policy Studies.
- Six billionaires, including Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Tesla's Elon Musk, and Zoom's Eric Yuan, have seen their net worths grow by more than $2 billion each since March, according to the think tank's analysis of Forbes' Billionaires List.
- The coronavirus crisis has been an economic disaster for the rest of America, as an unprecedented 42.6 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits in the past 11 weeks.
- The job losses have disproportionately affected black Americans, and the country's racial wealth gap has just kept on growing. The Washington Post reports the gap is in many ways unimproved — and in other ways worse — since 1968, when a host of historic civil rights legislation was passed.
- One Citi executive thinks governments may soon consider raising taxes on the ultrawealthy to fund coronavirus relief efforts.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Read the original article on Business Insider