- New details about the upcoming iPhones appear to have leaked on Apple's own website.
- Several websites and coders dug into the Apple website's product sitemap and discovered what appear to be the names, storage options, and colors of three new devices.
- The higher-end versions, which will apparently be called the iPhone XS and XS Max, are expected to come in space gray, silver, and gold, while the lower-cost iPhone XR is expected to come in six colors: black, white, red, yellow, coral, and blue.
Thanks to a leak from Apple's own website, we may know the colors of the upcoming iPhones, expected to be revealed later on Wednesday at an event on the Apple campus in Cupertino, California.
Sites like The Verge and All Things How, along with the coder Steve Troughton-Smith, dug into the Apple website's product sitemap XML file — the code powering the website — and found several direct references to three new phones, including colors.
The new phones — which the sitemap reveals are called the iPhone XS, the iPhone XS Max, and the iPhone XR — will apparently come in more colors than last year's iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus:
- The higher-end iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are both expected to come in three colors: space gray, silver, and gold. That's one more color than last year's iPhone X, which came in either space gray or silver.
- The iPhone XR, expected to cost less because of its 6.1-inch LCD display, could come in a whopping six colors: black, white, red, yellow, coral, and blue.
The leak also appeared to reveal the new devices' storage options, which would be larger than ever before: The iPhone XS and XS Max are expected to come in 64 GB, 256 GB, and 512 GB options, while the iPhone XR could come with 64 GB, 128 GB, or 256 GB of storage.