The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Thanks to Target's acquisition of grocery delivery company Shipt, you can now get Target groceries and everyday essentials delivered to your door as soon as one hour after you place your order.
- Membership is cost-effective at $14/month or $99/year after a free two-week trial. Unlike with Amazon's delivery services, which require you to be a Prime member, there are no additional membership fees you have to pay outside of this.
- Try the delivery service to buy your favorite Target products, and you'll get $15 off your first grocery order.
If you want to avoid the weekly headache that is grocery shopping, you're lucky to be living in a time where that's completely possible.
Acquired by Target in late 2017 for $550 million, delivery service startup Shipt sends out a force of local shoppers to shop for and deliver items to you. Through Shipt, you can now order groceries from Target and get them delivered to you in the same day.
The tense competition in the online grocery space bodes well for customers because major retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Kroger all want to boast the most affordable prices, fastest delivery options, and widest selection of products.
Target's same-day grocery delivery service is one of the best of the bunch because it balances affordability, convenience, and accessibility:
- Membership costs $14/month or $99/year after a free two-week trial.
- Members get free delivery on orders over $35. Otherwise, a $7 delivery fee applies.
- In addition to groceries, members can also order household essentials like cleaning supplies and makeup.
- Shipt offers special in-app sales and discounts you can't find in stores.
- Delivery is available seven days a week and shoppers are available whenever your local store is open.
- Delivery can be scheduled for a one-hour window as soon as one hour after you place your order.
To compare, Prime Now is free for Prime members (who pay a $119/year membership) and delivers select groceries, while AmazonFresh has a larger selection of groceries, is $14.99/month after a 30-day free trial for Prime members, and offers free delivery for orders over $50 (and a $9.99 fee otherwise).
Shipt is currently available in 35 states, but Target says it expects to expand to all major markets by the end of 2018, reaching about 75% of the US population.
Grocery delivery services will only become more robust and widely available in the upcoming years, which means now is the perfect time to try them as retailers continue to test the waters and offer new member promotions. If you love the prices and product selection at Target but don't have the time or energy to step foot into the store, you can try Shipt and take $15 off your first order today.
Subscribe to our newsletter. Find all the best offers at our Coupons page. Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.